Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day #6--Happy Birthday, Babies!!!

One year ago today, at 5:40am, I was laying on a metal table shaking uncontrollably while a freaking football team of doctors ripped my two sons from a gigantic incision in my abdomen. It was a horrific experience, but it was also the most amazing day ever, and I'm so thankful that I'm alive and well a year later with two wonderful, happy, healthy boys!

On the matter at hand, self-improvement and all that business, I actually had a banner day today. First, we took the boys for a walk this morning. I tried to chicken out and only do the 1.8 mile loop that I usually do, but then I thought about blogging and it motivated me to do more, if only so that I could write up a positive report. We ended up walking 3.1 miles, which is good. I'm obviously not going to meet my 5 mile goal for the week, but I'm glad I didn't have to report a big old goose egg by the end of the week.

Next, I went to the bakery to pick up the cakes for the boys' party tomorrow and stood there for ten minutes staring at the most delicious sugary death ever. I even bought a cookie for Greg since he'd asked me to bring one home and I managed to not buy one for myself! Woot! I kept my calorie count reasonable otherwise. That'll make me feel better about being a bit of a pig tomorrow at the boys' party.

As happy as I am to celebrate the first birthday of my wonderful and amazing children, I will say that it also just hits home even more than before the need for me to get healthy. I've had a year to recover physically, and I really haven't made the progress that I should. I feel like with their first year behind me, the time for excuses is done. Time to get on it!

Goal update...
-Ate 1,804 calories (296 below my daily limit)
-Cell phone thing was somewhat pathetic, but I made at least some effort. Also, I was busy with stuff a lot of the time, so there weren't many opportunities to cell phone it up.
-Didn't write. Fail fail fail.
-Walked 3.1 mile (1.9 miles left to meet my goal for the week)

1 comment:

  1. Best intro. Also, please teach me how to go to a bakery and not buy something! That is amazing will power.

    ReplyDelete