Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day #2--Hey, whattcha know? Fruit tastes good!

So I am eating an apple right now, a honey crisp apple to be exact, and it is so ridiculously delicious that I can't even believe it. This is my problem, and it's a problem that pervades every facet of my life. I build up how bad something is going to be, how much I don't want to do something, in my head. I spend hours, days, weeks, years even convincing myself that something is going to be so awful that it should be ignored and never ever attempted. Then I do it, and you know what? It's usually not that awful. Don't get me wrong, it's usually not stellar, but it's hardly ever worth all the stressing and avoiding I wasted time engaging in.

Take fruit for example. I like fruit. I enjoy me some blueberries, apples, bananas, blackberries, strawberries, watermelon, and I just melt every time that I eat pineapple. That being said, for some reason, I have convinced myself that a Snickers bar or a package of Oreos is light years better than fruit, which, as I sit here eating this delicious apple, I can assure you is untrue. So why do I get these blocks in my brain? I'm not sure. Part of me thinks this is most people, and that processed sugar is addictive and plays dirty games with your body. What's most important now is to just remember that fruit is good; furthermore, lots of things that I should be doing are good...or at least not nearly as awful or impossible as I've created them to be in my mind.

Overall, today went well. I was insanely busy at work, per usual, and I didn't get a chance to go into the cardio room like I wanted to because by the time I finished my work, I was already running late to get home and I knew the boys would be waking up from their nap. I hope to get in there at least once this week because it's getting cold, and I'm not sure how many miles I'll be able to knock out outside.

No writing, but I was damn good about my cell phone. I did a little texting with a friend near the end of the night, but I didn't check facebook from it or anything else unless I was in the bathroom or cooking dinner in the kitchen. Isn't it good to know now that if you see me post anything to Facebook between the hours of 5pm-8pm on weekdays, I'm probably on the toilet? Pleasant mental image. You're welcome.

The eating was pretty much the same as yesterday with a couple of extra items, but I stayed within my calorie goal which is good, and I didn't spend any money eating out, which is also good.

Progress on the weekly goals today...
  • Ate 1,952 calories (147 below my limit! woot!)
  • Only used my phone in a different room from the boys or to reply to text messages
  • No writing (1,987 words left for the week)
  • No working out (5 miles left for the week)

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how hard it would be for me to kick candy? My parents buy so much of it. They are enablers!!!

    ReplyDelete