Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day #11: Movies as Inspiration

I need to watch more movies with hardcore, tough characters in them. Tonight I went to the double feature of The Hunger Games and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, so of course that means I did nothing positive in the healthy eating or working out departments, but I did realize something about myself when it comes to goals.

I don't want to be skinny, exactly. I actually sort of have no interest in that side of it at all. I want to be a beast. Now maybe this is the very butch side of me showing through, but I want to be muscular, strong, and imposing. When I think about the images and media that inspire me to workout, I don't think of women in pretty dresses. Instead, I think about characters like Matt Damon from Elysium or Michonne from The Walking Dead. I don't want to be dainty. I don't really even want to look good in clothes. Instead, I want to be able to run farther, lift more, punch harder, etc. I never claimed to be very girly.

So one of my goals for the weekend is going to be to make a fitspiration collage to put on my phone, my laptop, and maybe the fridge, or male and female characters and people who inspire me with their hardcore buffness and butt-kick-ery. And maybe I'll actually do a few crunches before bed tonight. Because how am I ever going to survive The Hunger Games with this flabby core? lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment