Monday, November 25, 2013

Day #15--Smile for the Camera!

So I picked up the pictures we had taken of us as a family and of the boys yesterday. Most importantly, the boys were adorable, but also importantly, I had a few pictures in the bunch that were not so hideous they need to be burned! I was not optimistic about what the photo session would yield. I was pretty resigned to the idea of just picking the least hideous one and using it for the Christmas card as a sort of "just accept that this is what you look like" moment. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I actually looked fairly decent in one, and this made me think that while I've certainly "let myself go", things are often not nearly as awful as you imagine them to be in your head.

Another reason it boosted the old ego was because, as freaking precious and adorable as my sons are, not all of their pictures were winners. In fact, I literally laughed out loud when we got to a gem of a shot while Brendan was crying. As much as it's not nice to laugh at little babies, this was also nice to see because if human beings that I know are abnormally adorable can produce a few repulsive shots, then maybe the pictures of myself that make me cringe are anomalies as well. Maybe I shouldn't always take the negative stance and assume that every burnable picture is what I actually look like on a daily basis. We all have our bad angles, our bad moments, our bad days.

Today eating was pretty poor, but I did get my crunches and leg lifts in which was my goal. I'll try to post as often as possible in the next few days, but it might be a little difficult with Thanksgiving shenanigans! Enjoy your mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, readers!

1 comment: